Lasagna is a traditional Italian dish made of stacked layers of lasagna pasta sheets covered with meat, sauce and cheese. Today, we offer you a simple recipe for a delicious lasagna with an interesting twist: layers of baked cheesy risotto with meat sauce, perfect for any occasion!
Ingredients (for 4-6 servings):
- 3 cups short grain white rice
- Water (check instructions for “white rice” for your rice cooker)
- 1 tsp. salt.
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp. plain or Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar Italian style four cheese sauce
- 1 jar Italian style meat sauce
- Measure rice as accurately as possible using a measuring cup (some rice cookers come with their own measuring cup).
- Wash rice until water is clear, then drain and place it in the inner cooking pan of the rice cooker.
- Add water to reach the water level for “white rice,” add 1 tsp salt and stir using a spatula.
- Start your rice cooker for “white rice” setting.
- Combine Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Coat interior of an oven-safe dish with some olive oil. Don’t use all the oil, save the rest for later!
- When rice is done, add a jar of four cheese sauce to cooked rice and mix using the rice spatula.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Put a third of cheese sauce-rice mix in the oiled dish in a layer as even as possible. Pour one third of the meat sauce over the rice layer and spread it evenly. Repeat two more times until all rice and sauce are in the dish. You should end up with meat sauce layer on top.
- Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumb mix over the meat auce layer and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Put dish in preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool down for a few minutes. Cut portions and serve. Dig in and enjoy!