There’s something about the combination of butter, toasted bread and melty cheese that is just incredibly comforting. Some days, you need to enjoy a cheesy grilled cheese sandwich to lift you up!
However, making a grilled cheese sandwich on the stove isn’t as simple as it may look. Sometimes the bread burns before the cheese can melt! If this has ever happened to you, making grilled cheese sandwiches in your toaster oven or electric toaster is the solution. Your sandwich will come out flawlessly grilled each time!
1. Adjust the toaster oven cooking rack to the lowest position.
2. Put the empty baking sheet inside the toaster oven.
3. Preheat your toaster oven to 450°F on the “Bake” setting.
4. Spread one side of both slices of bread with butter. Put one slice of bread (buttered side facing down) on a plate and place cheese slices on top of it. Put the other slice of bread (buttered side facing up).
5. Carefully remove the preheated baking sheet (don’t forget to use oven mitts!). Place the sandwich on the baking sheet and return to the toaster oven.
6. Cook until the bottom is toasted and browned, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the baking sheet once more, flip the sandwich with a spatula and return to the toaster oven for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the sandwich is browned on both sides and the cheese has melted.
8. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Don’t forget to turn the appliance off. Let the sandwich cool for just a couple of minutes, cut it in half and dig in!