- 4 veal loin chops (¾ inch thick)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 2 large sprigs of parsley
- ¼ cup olive oil 60ml
- 1 can (14oz) tomato sauce (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup white wine 80ml
- To taste: salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Peel onion and dice.
- Cut green pepper into thin strips and snip parsley and crush one clove of fresh garlic.
- Heat oil in the skillet, brown veal chops on both sides.
- Remove chops while you add the chopped onion and green pepper and saute them for 3 minutes in the oil.
- Now put the Veal chops back in the pan and blend in remaining ingredients; bay leaf, oregano, parsley, tomato sauce and wine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste .
- Cover and simmer 50 minutes.
- Serve with hot buttered spaghetti or noodles.
We think you may be interested in griddles