Featured in Intermediate
Can’t decide what to have for dinner? This shrimp stir-fry with mixed vegetables and rice is both easy and delicious. You only need frozen shrimp, frozen stir-fry vegetables, rice and a skillet. Forget about take-out. Have a gourmet dinner ready in no time with this simple recipe.
1. First, the sauce. In a little bowl, whisk together broth, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry for approximately 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add vegetables to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir sauce once more and pour it over the vegetables, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Turn heat off.
4. Add the stir-fried shrimp to the pan and toss so that all the shrimp is coated in the sauce.
5. Serve with rice and enjoy.