Prep time: 15 min
Cook: 45 min
Who doesn’t love hummus? This amazing dip is the perfect appetizer for any gathering. Cooking chickpeas from scratch is the best way to make homemade hummus. However, you have to plan ahead and be patient, since you have to soak the chickpeas overnight and cook them for a few hours to get the right texture for a silky smooth hummus. With the pressure cooker, time isn’t an issue anymore! You can skip the overnight soaking process and have chickpeas hummus-ready in less than an hour. Here’s an easy 3-step recipe you can try:
- 1 ½ cups dried chickpeas
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- Paprika (optional)
- Minced parsley (optional)
- Place chickpeas and enough water in the bowl of the pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 45-50 minutes. Let the pressure release gradually before opening the lid.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid and drain the chickpeas. Place drained chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oil, tahini and half a cup of the cooking liquid in a food processor and process until you get the right texture. If you want a runnier hummus, add more cooking liquid.
- Garnish with minced parsley, a sprinkle of paprika and a drizzle of olive oil and serve with warm pita bread. Refrigerate it for up to 5 days in a sealed container.